Tuesday, July 04, 2006

More News on Wilhelm


Kaiser Wilhelm was buried yesterday in a private ceremony in Pennsylvania, in the backyard of the NYHH's founder's mom's house, in the middle of her garden. As the aforementioned Mom suggested, we will keep the location secret so that people don't make pilgrimages and trample her flowers.

I was really happy that Wilhelm was thoughtfully and lovingly buried in a place where he can be among flowers and be remembered. Living in an apartment in NYC doesn't really lend itself to such memorials, so I was glad my mom stepped in to help out.

I updated the Wilhelm page on the NYHH site--it now includes incredibly sweet words about Wilhelm from friends, as well as a collection of pictures of my little guy.

The positive things I'm taking from all of this sadness is that I want to work harder to help more animals through the New York Hamster House. I'm sending in my paperwork tomorrow to officially petition for incorporation in NYS--step one of becoming an official not-for-profit. Wish us luck!

Oh, and on behalf of us all at the New York Hamster House, Happy Independence Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home