Wednesday, June 14, 2006

HamCam, and Hermione's Babies

Two things, NYHH friends, before I ship off to bed:

Thing One: The idea has been brought up of buying and setting up a HamCam, so people online could watch the hamsters do their hamster thing all day long.

If I am going to do this, I will need to raise money to buy a web cam for my mac, which those of you who know me know I will *never* use for personal use since I hate being photographed, let alone videotaped. This would truly be 100% HamCam. The iSight costs $150. Basically, if people think it would be fun, I'd be up for it. The HamCam could "watch" a different hamster all day long, and it would also be interesting to watch the baby hamsters and gerbils grow and develop. But, if not, I'm happy to concentrate on feeding, cleaning cages, etc.

So, what do you think?

Thing Two: Ack, freaking adorable pictures of Hermione's babies.


Here is a picture of the babies the day they were born.


And here they are tonight... three days old!

1 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would contribute to your HamCam fund. I think it's a great idea. The only thing is that you should see if there are other costs involved, like hosting a HamCam, etc... I don't know anything about it.

Oh my god, little pink babies. I'm very excited to see how they grow up. I think the other gerbil babies are really cute. :) Were you able to sex all the babies?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home