Saturday, June 10, 2006

Adopt Party

I'm thinking of having some THING so that people will adopt a bunch of my hamsters. Like, an adoption party? Or a thing at Petco where people come and see how cute the hamsters are, and fawn all over them, and then take them home. Yeah. What do you guys think?

Also, I need to sex the gerbil babies. I mean, they are teeny tiny, but if I wait too long, what if they copulate and then get pregnant? The NYHH is a no pregnancy zone, ok. So that is not allowed.

Ugh. And Blueberry's eyes are still weird looking. The meds aren't working. I need to call el doctor.

Happy Weekend from the NYHH!

3 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that's an awesome idea. I think if you make an adoption party that you should get some people to take them... Especially if you spread the word via craigslist or something. You should set out a display at a blockparty or streetfair or something... *note: brainstorming*

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"make an adoption party"???

Um, *have* an adoption party. that's it.

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if Petco is very supportive of small animal rescues since they do sell small animals there. They might be afraid that you'd be "competition".

Also whatever route you decide to go (block party, regular party, etc), I wouldn't do same day adoptions. Most small animal rescues don't do same day adoptions because they try to give prospective adopters time to really think over their decision to adopt. It also helps to weed out those people that do impulse adopting and then later returning.

It's great that you're helping hamsters and gerbils by the way! Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home