Tuesday, June 20, 2006

RIP Michael Bloomberg


Ok, I haven't cried yet, but I am really close. My favorite hamster, after Kaiser
Wilhelm, is dead. Michael Bloomberg died some time today while I was at work. Cause this morning, when I left, he was just hopping around the playground, as happy as can be. I have NO idea what happened. And I feel really sad.


Just like the real Michael Bloomberg, my hamster pulled himself up by the bootstraps to become a success. Except, the real MB founded a wildly successful financial company and this MB was rescued from a bucket and went on to thrive in a pink hamster cage.

Sigh.

I blame this all on Dubya.

Today in the Times, there was a picture of GWB and Michael Bloomberg. Dubya clearly jinxed my hamster, which caused him to get sick and die. Stupid president.

In Michael Bloomberg's honor, let's all watch the video of him traipsing around the hamster playground, sniffing the camera, and falling down.

He was so cute. I miss him.

5 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica, so sorry about the loss of little MB. The saddest thing about keeping hamsters is their very short lifespan. But you gave MB a loving, happy home -- I hope that will help console you.

-- Michele

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. At least he had a good home with you at NYHH.

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,

Very sorry about your Michael Bloomberg. No doubt your little guy was a democrat. Feel better knowing that you were able to get him out of that bucket into a better place.

Ellen (in Chelsea)

P.S. I enjoy reading your blog; yours is probably the ONLY blog I enjoy reading.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger NYHH said...

Thanks to all of you--don't worry, Ellen, MB was totally a democrat through and through. He even unionized the other hamsters... which might be why they are so expensive to take care of :)

So glad I'm in contact with you again, Ellen!

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One last virtual pet out to MB. Good luck little guy!

Geoffrey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home