Tuesday, September 05, 2006

On your mark, get set.... HAMSTER!

Dude.

DUDE.

Hamster Ball Derby, this Saturday at 2pm at the Petco on 92nd Street.

"Bring your own hamster or come in and cheer for your favorites during our Hamster Ball Derby. Warm up rounds begin at 1:30 pm and hamster races begin at 2 pm. Each hamster must be in a hamster ball to qualify. Prizes will be awarded!"

I am so there. I wonder who should race? Bunnicula, cause she is a speed demon. Sinead, cause she is sick and I want her to have fun. Maybe some of the new guys, too.

Anyone else going? I am SO excited!

3 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hamsters are lousy ball runners. Perhaps it's my fault. There's something about those balls that just turn me off, so maybe my negative feelings about those balls have transferred to my little guys. When I put my fastest wheel runner, Scooter, into a ball recently, he didn't know what to do. Spunky Brewster just sat in her ball, didn't move a muscle. So if I'm going to bring them in, I'll have to work with them in the next few days. (I don't want to compete against you Jessica, so if I decide to enroll my hamsters, I'll go to the Union Square store.) Ellen

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you take your hamsters to race? There were about 20 hamsters running at the Union Square store.

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erica,
I didn't take my hamsters to the race; I tried working with them, but they really suck as ball runners. Wish I had gone though. I read reports from all over the country on the hamster lists and it sounded like they were a hoot.
Ellen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home