Sunday, August 13, 2006

Wilhelm Day Recap

Wow, I kind of dropped the ball in terms of taking pics of Wilhelm Day. So, Jody and Ashley, will you send me some of the pictures you took?

In the meantime, I think that Wilhelm Day was a total success! I mean, let's look at the stats:

Hamsters Adopted Out:
Three

Donations Received: Tons of food, snacks, and bedding (thanks, Geoffrey, Virpi and Ellen!)

Cold Hard Cash Received: $225 (checks, but still!!)

Number of New Friends for the NYHH: at least 10

Value of Wilhelm Day: PRICELESS

I mean, I think the day was GREAT. I adopted out three hamsters (Cera and Foxy Brown, and Thor), and got a bunch more people interested in adopting in the future, and met up with some very generous supporters of the NYHH. Jody and Leni both made amazingly generous gifts (Jody's to fund the Frederick A. P. Barnard Memorial Fund), and people brought food, and we ate and chatted and man did we play with the cuties. Virpi was so good with the gerbils; Geoffrey brought three of his dwarves, including the uber-adorable Beep (cousin of Baby Daddy); Ellen knew all about syrians; Ashley brought Clover McFancyPants, the cutest guinea pig of all time; Jody regailed us with stories of Freddie, Frankie, and Peanut; Beth weighed in on mice; Layla charmed Thor; and Leni just knew SO much about the hammies.

Phew. What a GREAT day.

(here are some pics, but more to come!)


One of Geoffrey's.. Big Mama?

Beep beep, beep beep, YEAH!

Cera & Foxy Mama play fighting

2 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds superb!

Maybe next year I can come and bring my bunny along.

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sorry I couldn't make it...maybe next time...glad to hear it went so well, ronni

 

Post a Comment

<< Home