Monday, July 31, 2006

Hola, Hamsters!

I spent this evening watching a movie (The Day After Tomorrow) and cleaning hamster cages, as well as playing with Thor, Cera, and Vanilla and Chocolate. I gave all the little guys a fresh spinach leaf, and they gobbled them up!

My emails from far away recently are: one from Indiana (from a cute boy, judging by his gmail picture!), one from Denmark, and one from Alaska! Boy are we famous!

Lastly, I found out that the story on the New York Hamster House aired on Friday on Telemundo. But I didn't even hear about it until after it aired, so I didn't get a chance to see it. Does anyone know how to get a copy of what aired on a certain channel (Telemundo) at a certain time (last Friday, from say 7 - 11am)? I'm calling on all of you to help me!

Thanks,
Jess

4 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We used a company called Video Monitoring Service to get a tape of a news segment a while back.

Nexis had this VMS summary, but sadly, not a full transcript. But you can order video or transcripts from VMS (http://www.vidmon.com/1_1_7_newssegment.html) although they might be on the pricey side, I'm not sure.

~ksk


Video Monitoring Services of America

SHOW: Cada Dia con Maria Antonieta 08:00-09:00 ET Telemundo

July 28, 2006 Friday

LENGTH: 65 words

BODY:


ABSTRACT

MEDIUM: Radio
START: 00:39:43
Teased Segment - hamsters: In NY there is a shelter for hamsters called Hamster House.
Visual - woman with hamsters.
Interview - Jessica Wells, founder of NY Hamster House, says that she has 33 of them in her apartment.
Visual - Internet page with photos of hamsters, adoption contract, cages with hamsters. Reported by Maria Araiz-Perez in NY NY.
END: 00:43:54

LOAD-DATE: July 29, 2006

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger NYHH said...

Ok, seriously? I just called them, talked to the nicest guy in TN who is shipping me a DVD with my segment. It was so funny, he was like "oh, I'm watching it right now. How cool!"

And, he gave me free shipping!

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how cool! maybe you can put the dvd clip online once you receive it so the rest of us can watch as well!

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm glad you found a way to get it. I can't wait to see it! Woo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home