Wednesday, November 08, 2006

NYHH in WSJ

That's right, guys... thanks to our friends at Magnify Video (hosting those cute movies to your right), I was interviewed yesterday for a story by Peter Grant for the Wall Street Journal. The article and quote are in the paper today, so check it out!

"Some small-time producers see some value in being on TV. Jessica Wells runs a hamster shelter in New York, and recently added videos to the shelter's Web site that were produced by site visitors. She'd like to see them go on TV to help her raise funds and to educate viewers on proper hamster treatment. Ms. Wells says some of her videos get hundreds of hits. "People are continuously underestimating either how much free time people have or how much people are intrigued by other people's lives," she says."


He basically was asking me if I wanted a NYHH channel on the TV, which I don't necessarily. But, whatever, I chatted about hamsters and youtube and TV and voila! A quote in le paper. Fun!

6 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Jacob the Syrian Hamster said...

I tried to email you this link to my blog post about the article and you, but the email bounced.

Stop by our blog and check us out. Take a look at the Feline Theocracy link at the bottom of the post. It looks like you would fit right in!

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Double OMG!!! Cool baby pictures, and instant national fame. You are on a roll!!!! I forwarded the article to many friends.
XO
Geoffrey

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jessica-

Congratulations on your mention this morning in the WSJ and all the work you are doing on behalf of these needy creatures.

I live and work in Los Angeles and am currently a TV segment producer on "Country Fried Home Videos". This family oriented fun clip show features many hilarious and unique home videos.

I would be interested in seeing any good ones that you have of the hamsters. We pay for any that we use in our show.

Please let me know which you might recommend.

Sincerely,


Andrew B. Hurvitz
firsttvabh@gmail.com

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Hamster Channel...cool. Now THAT would give me a reason to get cable! ;)

Congrats on the WSJ--soon all the business world will be yours.

ms. r

 
At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it is no New York Post, but . . .

:)

Signed,
Lenny's dad

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Chicago and read your quote in the WSJ yesterday, which is how I found your site. Good work -- I really respect what you're doing. As an animal lover and someone who has owned three hamsters in the past, it is encouraging to know others out there realize what special little guys they are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home