Tuesday, December 12, 2006

RIP Killer & Sinead


Last night, sisters Killer and Sinead passed away in my hands--Killer at 4am, and Sinead near 10am. I was really happy to be there when it happened, and to know that just days before, Killer was running happily in her wheel, and Sinead was blissfully attacking walnuts and peanuts. They were sick, but I think they were still living a good life right up till the end.

I got Killer, Whale and Sinead a long, long while ago, over a year and a half--and I know that they were perhaps 6 months to a year old at the time. They all had good lives--Whale passed away in January, from breast cancer, and now Sinead and Killer have died, both with fairly large canceous tumors and Cushing's disease. But they had good, long hamster years of playing in the NYHH playground and eating my remote control and chewing on books and tables and mail and my fingers.

I will really miss them. They brought me a lot of joy and happiness.

3 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be missed, little girls. Much love,

Geoffrey

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica, we are very sorry to hear about Killer and Sinead, My bf really loved Killer a lot and actually has been talking about her since we were at the NYHH when I adopted Miss Beatrix. We know they lived a great life at the NYHH. So sorry they have passed.
Ronni and Brian, Beatrix and Katie the NJ Hamster friends of the NYHH

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the girls...but what a comfort to you and them both to be together in their last moments. Our wishes to you for a quickly healing heart-

Alice and Meatball

 

Post a Comment

<< Home