Thursday, August 28, 2008

HAMDOPTION 2008 / Wilhelm Day!

It's time for the third annual Wilhelm Day, named after the hamster who inspired me to found the New York Hamster House over THREE years ago! In those three years, we've adopted out over FIVE HUNDRED hamsters (and assorted other cuties), finding them safe and happy forever homes.

HAMDOPTION 2008 is taking place on Sunday, September 7th, from noon to 4pm. The goal is to adopt out as many hamsters as possible into homes with loving families. If you are looking to adopt a hamster, please stop by that day! And if you know friends, family, or neighbors who are looking for a pet that is easy to care for and fun to play with, please tell them to come to HAMDOPTION 2008 / Wilhelm Day!

I will have between 20-30 baby syrian hamsters (brown, white, cream, peach, and banded) ready for adoption that day, along with some dwarf hamsters and gerbils. Right now, the hamster house is FULL, which means that the more hamsters I adopt out, the more I can continue to take in and find homes for.




When: Sunday, September 7th, from noon to 4pm
Where: New York Hamster House, located in Inwood (upper Manhattan)
How: A train to 190th, 1 train to Dyckman, or easily by car or cab
Why: To adopt the awesomest, cutest hamster ever! 

If you'd like to come the Wilhelm Day, please let me know and I will be happy to email you directions. If you want to come but aren't looking to adopt, no worries--you can come by and help clean cages, or organize supplies. And if you can't come during those times but want to adopt, email me (hamsters@thejessicawells.com) and let me know. 

Please, spread the word about this adoption day! Come on down and get yourself a hamster!

3 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those babies are tempting me...they are soooooooo cute, but I really must'nt get another hammie. I am spreading the word on Facebook though. I hope you have a great turnout and find permanent homes for the babies.

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI i have a Winter White hamster. And she is my world. I would love to get a hamster from NYHH but i dont live in New York. I am so glad that you are the Hamster Lady. When i got a hamster, i thought i would be the only one with one, but now i have inspiration from you! Thank You!

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, right now its Jan. 8 I hope I can still get a hamster!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home