Thursday, April 19, 2007

Grace-ful Hamsters

For a while, I had a mystery supporter named Grace. How she heard about the Hamster House, I do not know. All I know is she would send donations, and gifts, for the hamsters periodically, and she was so sweet and generous, and they would jump around when a package would come and say "Auntie Grace, Auntie Grace!" Well, ok, I did that. But still :)

I finally got to meet Grace the other day--and of course, she was as adorable and personable as I'd expected. She ended up adopting two baby boy hamsters (part of the eleven I got a couple of weeks ago), and named them Gorilla and BB. Now, Grace is a hamster pro. She was able to successfully introduce her hamster, Meatball (who has been on Cute Overload more than once!) to the two babies. I always tell people not to do this--in general, it is a bad idea. Unless you are Grace, just keep the hammies separate, ok? But because Grace is Grace, it worked wonderfully and now the whole ham-fam is happy together.

Wanna see?

BB and Gorilla


Meatball, aka Jabba the Hamster

And last but not least, a video of the monsters. So cute!



If the New York Hamster House had a bumper sticker (or for that matter, a car), it would say "NYHH loves Grace!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home