Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Beatrix the Great!


I got word earlier this week that a former resident of the New York Hamster House, Beatrix, was chosen as Pet of the Week on Channel 12 News NJ! Beatrix will enjoy her fame this coming weekend, December 22nd & 23rd! If you live in the area and have access to Channel 12 NJ, be sure to check out this NYHH alumna and cheer her on :)

Beatrix was adopted about a year and a half ago by a very caring and patient woman named Ronni. Beatrix was incredibly sweet, but VERY shy, and with Ronni's patience and kindness, she slowly came out of her shell. However, Ronni has had to deal with a major health problem for Beatrix, who has to go the vet every 2-3 weeks due to a dental condition. Ronni feeds her organic baby food and other soft food that she can manage, and in general takes AMAZING care of her. And now they are getting a moment in the spotlight!

Congratulations to Ronni and Beatrix!

Anyone else out there have any NYHH adoption stories to share? Let me know!

6 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, I hope you can get the footage to post.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger LB said...

How wonderful! Congratulations to both of them. :-D

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Jody Mullen said...

That's really adorable. My NYHH stories include the following:

1. Frankie bit me a lot.
2. Peanut got REALLY fat.
3. Pooh Bear was the most mellow, lovely hamster ever. I miss him!

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww so cute I want one so totally bad. u r so awesome. like totally rad dude!

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Beatrix (and especially to Ronni!)

I never thought the two little black Syrians I adopted would ever come around, but Pancho Villa no longer leaps out of my hands and instead wants me to take him out of the cage whenever he sees me. His brother Jimmy is much shyer and I need to work with him some more. The little ones are soooo fast.
I *love* Sylvester (your Theodore Rex.) I knew when I met him that he reminded me very much of a previous hamster, Sherman, and he still does. A big mush. I have elected him to my personal Hamster Hall of Fame.

Ellen

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beatrix and I thank everyone who posted…we were very happy to hear all your kind comments, well I was, I don’t know exactly how Beatrix feels…but I was happy …so I have to work out something on my cell phone to be able to post at least a little bit of the footage so hopefully I’ll be able to show it to you in the next week or sooner.

Her picture looked great on TV…

It is great to have her want to interact with me and to see how much she warmed up. When I first met her at the Hamster house she jumped clear out of my hands, landed on the floor and then shook it off, it was scary at first but we all laughed when we saw she was ok, I am really experienced with hamsters as is Jessica…when Jessica handed Beatrix off to me and she was on my shoulder and my hand was right there in case she tried anything, she was just so successful and became Super Hamster and flew off of me and landed on the floor…It is amazingly rewarding when they do change Ellen, isn’t it and then they stand by the door of the cage wanting to come out like a little puppy dog…glad you had your hamsters warm up too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home